All of our slipcover fabrics are fully machine washable (excluding our Como and Soho ranges) and should always be washed with a liquid detergent or mild soap powder that does not contain a chlorinator substance. We recommend you cold wash them inside out with Woolite liquid detergent.
To retain the shape of your slipcovers, wash, rinse and spin and then put them back onto your couch while they are still damp. This helps them set more easily into shape and prevents creasing. Smooth out any wrinkles with your hand. Steam or iron skirt on reverse if necessary.
- Do not spot clean your fabric as it could lighten the spot.
- Wash all parts an equal number of times to prevent shade variation.
Do not spot clean using water or any type of liquid cleaner – rather use a spoon to scoop up solid mess and dab any liquid spills with a dry paper towel. Dry professional clean only. Professional steam cleaning is also extremely effective on all fully upholstered couches. Do not wash any parts as this may cause shade variation.
If you have Coriguard fabric protection, a bubble will form on the fabric’s surface where the spill occurred. Follow these steps to prevent staining:
- Take a paper towel and lightly dab the bubble to absorb it.
- In the case of a food spill, simply scoop it up with a metal spoon and then dab the surface with a paper towel.
- For mud or soil messes, allow them to dry and then vacuum away.
- For slipcover couches, wash the spill as soon as possible to have the best result in removing a stain.
- Steam cleaning is not recommended for velvets or headboards.
- Professional dry clean is recommended on all fully upholstered products.